Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Friday, July 16, 2010

to tell or not to tell - where is the line?

it's interesting how you always think afterwards about things you should have said. Specially in situations when the outcome was negative.
Sometimes you wonder if you were too harsh, sometimes you wish you had said how you really feel.. but sometimes you know you were right, but it still feels bad, strange, empty.
Why is that?
why do we sometimes wish we hadn't said how we felt, knowing we had the right to share that, inform the person about it, in order to have clear and honest communications?
Why do we always think of how others feel about how we feel?

Of course it's not good to be rude, but if you feel like saying it, you think it will help in communications and clear the air, then my opinion is TELL IT.
But be able to explain your reasons, your arguments for doing so!
I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one feeling like this!

1 comment:

Zoe said...

i was just blog surfing and found this real insteresting because i've been asking myself that same question for a while! i'm having family issues and i keep everything bottled in and wish i could just tell my parents how i truly feel about the way they verbally abuse my brother and i. and every night i go in my room and play out in my head the different scenarios of me actually getting the guts to say something. but i'm too afraid to find out :/ or if i do say the right thing... is it my place to say it? but lately no matter what i do the outcome is always negative so maybe i should just let my feelings out? i don't want anyone to hate me.
but it seems like they already do.


...then again, two more weeks and i get to move out of the house for good. so in my situation should i just keep my mouth shut? so frustrating.