Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I count my luck in life!

I sometimes find myself thinking how lucky I am.
I have amazing parents and family who support me when needed without me having to ask. They know how hard it is for me to ask for help, no matter how small it is.
I feel, as people offer their support, that I'm appreciated, I'm valued as a person, a member of the family and that my contribution is important. I think that's why my family is so generous and willing to help me.
I'm honored by this.. and I know just how lucky I am.
Not everyone has a family they can rely on.
Unfortunately.

I sometimes also think about my friends.
I have many great friends with diverse background, from different corners of the world and who value different things in life.
But they all make me feel great, make me feel inspired in one way or another.
The fact that they look for me, want to hang with me, spend their precious time with me shows me that they care. That they appreciate who I am and what I bring to the friendship.
I'm amazed by this and I can not help to count my luck and smile when I think of my friends.
I know, not everyone has friends that truely care and allow you to be who you are.
Unfortunatly.

The reason for this message is not to showcase anything special except for the fact that we have people around us that elevate us, lift us up, allow us to become greater than we ever thought we could become.
All because they care, they support, they show interest, they want you around.
I think we all need to recognize these people in life and show them we know. we care as well and support them to be as great as they can be.
It goes both ways.

I hope my friends and family feel the same. that I'm here for them, support and care.
I hope they think they are lucky knowing I want to have them around, I listen to them and share their excitments and joy.
just as they do with me.
I hope they know!

- with love -

2 comments:

Vera said...

We know! ;*

crix said...

You never know when you have it, until you lose it... hold on to it!!!