Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

My role as family and a friend! I take it seriously.

Today was a difficult day for a friend of mine. Technically it was yesterday but as I started to write this post I got lost in previous posts on my blogs and found a video I posted few years back.

It felt right, viewing this video as I pay my respects to my friend and her difficulties. The video reminded me just how important family is to me.

My friend lost her younger brother 5 years ago and today would have been his birthday. It is a day when memories are visited, when tears are allowed to fall, where love is celebrated. It is hard, I'm sure. But my friend is strong.
There is not much I can do to brighten her spirit on a day like today.
except be there and make sure she knows I'm thinking of her and her family, who are all dear to me.

the video I just watched has pictures of my family members who I miss greatly. My grandfather who past away 3 years ago became real again, just for the short moment this video played on.
I miss him.
I miss my family, being so far away.

and friends are my family as well.
So if they are hurting, I am hurting.
therefore I want to be there for my family and friends.
Much as I wish I could help her to be strong, I know that grief will not go away. it is part of the healing process, the process of remembering something precious you had but lost. tears are necessary in that process, smiles are crucial.
And you have to go through the emotions.
I feel it now as I remember my grandfather, with tears in my eyes but smile on my face because the memories are amazing.
I hope my friend feels the same.

And my role in all this, just being there when she needs me, smile with her if she wants, cry with her so she doesnt feel alone.
And she will do the same for me!!

that is family!
-with love-

1 comment:

Rebekka said...

Takk demanturinn minn :* ég fæ tár í augun við að lesa þessi fallegu orð, þú ert engri lík :* Þetta er sko allt rétt sem þú segir og þú ert sannur vinur og ég er svoo lánsöm að eiga þig að.
lov u lots
Rebekka