Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Friday, January 15, 2010

2009 in a nutshell :)

It‘s been some time since I wrote here. I‘ve been busy, reflecting and organizing myself. But now it‘s time to share my year, a year full of memorable events. When I look back at the year I see happiness. Finally :)

January:
- My brother and his girlfriend had a baby son :) A beautiful precious entered my life and changed it in so many great ways.
- I went back to Paris with a little sadness as that place hadn‘t been the best for me work wise.
- I chaired a national conference in Denmark. It was a great experience, I met so many great people and gained friends for life :)
- Gunnfríður and Anna came to visit me at the conference site to meet me and tried to learn a little about AIESEC. That meant a great deal for me.

February:
- I finally found an interesting masters program to take. In Copenhagen Business School.
- Went to Icelandic ladies night in Paris. Met many interesting women and had good food and drink – all Icelandic of course ;)
- Went to All American Reject concert – AMAZING!!
- I took a TOEFL test and did really well. It was needed for my Masters application.
- I flew to Copenhagen and came as a surprise to Gorjans party. Had great time with friends and enjoyed walking around in Copenhagen.

March:
- Handed in my application for CBS.
- My little nephew got a name. Unfortunately I couldn’t be there as I was in Paris.
- Did a lot of sightseeing in Paris. It’s a great city to live in.
- Celebrated St.Patricks day with great bunch of people in Paris. Great fun and of course all in green!
- Chaired a national conference in Poland with around 150 people attending. It was challenging but a huge learning experience. And of course quite a bit of polish alcohol.

April:
- I resigned from my role as WENA ER coordinator and left few days later back to Iceland.
- Anna and Gunnfríður came to visit me during Easter in Paris. We went to museums ( Louvre etc. ), went up the Eiffel tower, saw an Andy Warhol exhibition, ate chicken in front of a church and so much more.
- Came home and hugged my family. :)

May:
- Partied with my cousin Ingunn. We had so much fun playing Guitar hero.
- Went to see Maria’s Bachelor project from Listaháskólinn – A lady bug doorbell :)
- Started SEA SWIMMING!
- Joined a great group of people who decided to fight the current situation in Iceland and arrange free summer course to help people start their own business. Such a great initiative and I was so proud to participate.
- Attended seminar about the financial crisis and its affect on Africa.
- Went to Selfoss to a Brass band concert. The band I played with for so many years celebrated it’s birthday.
- Chaired a Develop Leaders day for AIESEC in Iceland.

June:
- Went to Skagaströnd for the “fishermen Day”. Partied heavily with great friends.
- Finally got a paid summer job :) at a youth hostel.
- Waited and waited to hear from CBS.
- Met up with my friends from Sauðárkrókur. We went out for dinner. I ended up having a strange but a great night with Anna Sjöfn and her husband Maddi.

July:
- Got accepted into CBS for Masters in Strategy, Organization and leadership :)
- Went whale watching with Hugrún. We saw few whales and it was great fun but a little windy ;)
- Went sea angling ( fishing at sea ) with Hilmar and Haukur. I didn’t catch anything but Hilmar did and as he was with me it automatically became mine as well :)
- Became a big Sólstafir fan and went to their concert.
- Went to Bolungarvík for the first time in 6 YEARS! It was great to be back there to remind me why I love this place.

August:
- Preparation for Denmark started.
- Had a big birthday dinner with my dad for my family. Also to say goodbye.
- Celebrated my 26th birthday and invited friends over for cakes in a birthday/goodbye event.
- Flew with XX kg to Copenhagen the day before introduction week started. It was hard to walk up to 4th floor with all that luggage but I managed.
- Intro week started and I got to know my fellow students.

September:
- school officially started with heavy reading. It was hard getting back into learning mood.
- Went shopping in Ikea with Margrét who actually saved my life there. But at least I got a bed to sleep in, chair and table and place for my clothes :)
- Bought a bike. Important while living in Copenhagen.
- Anna came over and we had a great Thursday night partying with her cousin Atli, and then a lovely relaxed weekend of fun.
- Went to Sólstafir’s concert in Copenhagen. Loved it!

October:
- Me and Line had our house warming party. Finally.
- Went bowling with my class mates.
- Vera Sólveig came to visit. We went to a strange Indian place, Gorjans goodbye party and relaxed.

November:
- Went to visit my aunt and her husband. I stayed there for a weekend. It was really nice.
- Chaired a team building for the Danish MC. Somehow I can not get out of this organization ;)
- Attended a startup meeting with an American entrepreneur who shared his experience. Very interesting and gave me some ideas.
- Applied for a student job. Got into the phone interview.
- Went to a gospel choir practice. Just for fun :)
- Margrét Björg and Margrét came for a visit. Went for the first time to the Tivoli. Bought a year pass. ;)

December:
- Went to a Julefrokost with my class. So much fun, so much snaps and not a happy day after ;)
- Was invited for another interview with the job. Super happy with that.
- Went around the city due to the COP15 UN conference here.
- Met friends who came to Denmark for this conference. It’s so great to meet people, connect on more intimate levels and strengthen your friendship. Great.
- Partied with my study group.
- Went to Christiania.
- Flew home to celebrate Christmas and New Years with the people I love, my family.

In short, my year of 2009 was eventful. I don’t regret anything and I feel I have learned more about who I am and what I stand for. It has reconfirmed how much I love my family and how glad I am for the amazing friends I have.
I couldn’t ask for anything more.
With this great year in my experience box, I feel comfortable about taking on the next one. I hope it will be even better.

-with love-

No comments: