Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

expanding my zones of comfort

I think people are afraid of stepping out of their comfort zone, trying things they have never done before and meet people they usually would not meet.
I experienced this yesterday when I decided to step out of my comfort zone and go to a metal concert with three Icelandic metal bands.
This was my first time, I was feeling a little nervous about not fitting in but I also had this excitement feeling in my stomach.
I wanted to try!

I dont think I have been so nervous about what to wear in years. Usually I dont care, but yesterday I was nervous. I had to get help from my sister-in-law.
But when I was sure of the outfit then all fell into place. I was feeling much much more secure.
It was just this first step towards something new that was scary..
When that was done I new I would just enjoy this experience with friends who by the way were also stepping outside their comfort zones.
There's power in support I have noticed!

By now I have gotten to know more people, new type of music and Icelandic band that is about to tour all over Europe but I had never even heard of them.
So I have to admit, taking this step yesterday and just go with the flow and not being to uptight - that has been paying off for me this summer.
I feel good about this.
Actually, I feel great!

I wish more people would do this, not being afraid.
Then I guess understanding, patience and potential cooperation would be easier amongst people!
Just a thought.

- with love -

No comments: