Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

value in friendship!

Time flies fast these days, it's already end of another month and things change accordingly to speed. The weather, people, attitude, hair styles and you name it.

On this last day of March I got to think about friendship and what that word means to me. I have often thought about and written here about friendship and how lucky I believe I am having chosen the friends I have today.

What came to my mind is that sometimes I feel I have better friends than I am to them. My friends have done so many things that mean the world to me, been there in times of need, shared with me, laughed with me, cried with me and taken me as who I am. I wonder if I am as good to them as they are to me.
I sure hope so.

I think I sometimes take friends for granted. imagine they will be there no matter what so I am not sure if I put as much energy in growing friendship as I should be.

Are we, as people, normally aware of how much we actually appreciate people in our lives?
Do we give them the credit they deserve?
Do we show them the respect, support and love they deserve as friends?

I hope I do.
Because friendship is one of those most important values I have. I just realized this.
I have always valued family relations. I love my family.
And though I have always tried to be the best friend I can, I feel as I write this that I need to be aware that friendship is also part of my family value.
I need to live up to my values.
I am glad that I realized this.
From now on I hope to live up to my friends expectations, giving them the respect and support they need/want.

I want to grow my friendship, my relationships with family, my network.
Those who mean something to me.

- with love -

No comments: