Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

few days of emptiness leave me open for adventures!

For few days now I've been homesick, feeling blue and not very sociable. I miss my family, I have worries on my mind, I am stressed and I'm frustrated.
For few days now I have not been willing to smile, to feel good, to allow myself to be happy.
Those few days took so much energy out of me.

Saying goodbye to my brother as he smiled and walked towards the security check at the airport made me cry, I felt so alone. I felt so far away from friends and family.
For those few days my thoughts have been heavy, sad and taking me back home to Iceland.
Those few days drained me.

I know it's hard to be far away from those you love but sometimes I get so surprised how homesick I can get. I have been far away from my family before, I will be again and I'm currently doing good living in Copenhagen. So why does this period stay so long this time?

I think what I'm missing, and the reason my mind drifts to Iceland so often is the fact that here in Denmark I am alone. just as alone as I was in Paris - but in a different way -. I realized that I need people around, those I trust, those that I can hang with without having any expectation of "need to do stuff". That's why I'm feeling so alone. I dont have that here in Denmark, that's what I'm searching for by missing my family.
Thats why it was so hard to see my brother leave after having spent great time with him, hanging with a person I trust and not "having to do anything".
It was so needed and so nice.
That's why these few days came by, with emptiness and homesickness.
Those few days that stopped by, making sure I still know what I need.

These next few days will be brighter.
I'm not feeling as blue, the sun is shining more and I'm experiencing more.
that's what the next few days will be about.
I cant wait!

- with love -

No comments: