Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Path of no return?

As I sit at my desk, watch out my window into the darkness that is embracing Copenhagen now I feel a little uneased.
I should be at peace after a relaxing weekend, catching up with family and exploring Denmark a little more but I'm not.
It's not an uncomfortable feeling I'm having. It's kind a more "oh man, why am I here?"
So I'm in a need to soulsearch a little and figure my way a little again.
Being so busy I haven't had the time to confirm where I'm heading and if I'm satisfied with it.

I miss my lifestyle of travelling, of discovering new cultures, people and being on the move.
Now I'm getting into a routine, something I haven't done in years and it feels strange. Routine is not bad and I am discovering new things - but in the field of my studies.
It's just a feeling like I'm missing out on life!

I know that's not what's happening as I'm preparing myself for the future.
But the fast track I've been on is becoming slow and steady and familiar.
There is no uncertanty, no breath of fresh air, now feeling of accomplishment.
Perhaps this feeling is starting to show it self as I have began to question the path I'm on now.. Dont get me wrong, Denmark is great!
But I'm not completely satisfied with my study program and maybe that is pushing this doubt, this feeling on going nowhere into my heart.
Perhaps I just need to sit down, analyze my life as it is at the moment and discover if I'm on the right path or not.

Maybe I need a time where life takes an unexpected turn, brings in color and excitement and get's me motivated again.
As I read in the book I'm currently reading " Principle-centered leadership" by Stephen R, Covey...
Motivation is a function of the heart - more than the head..
And maybe I'm not following my heart as I should be.
Maybe I am and I just dont realize it because the other alternative looks more interested - the gras is greener or the other side..
But is that ever the case?
I should just hold back and rediscover who I am and where I'm going - to make sure my path is taking my the right way!

-with love-

No comments: