Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm just joking ( and leaving you a hint )

With every sentence we say, in joke or in real, there is always some level of seriousness behind it. Even if you might not see it in your own words, it's there.
People say something, knowing that it's a joke but the little portion of truth in it might find it's way to the listener.
Wierd topic I know but I've been thinking about why do I make the jokes I do. Is there some truth that I'm trying to send out to the listener - as I do believe that there is meaning with everything I say?

Like Skunk Anansie says - I'm lost in time I can count the words.. That's what I'm doing.
I'm counting my words, making sure I'm not saying something I dont really want people to hear, understand or see.

I made a joke the other night that lead to interesting discussions, but the thing is.. I wanted those discussions to happen. I wanted to see if the thoughts were still there with the listener.
So I used the joke to manipulate the aftermath of the joke towards topics that I found to hard to just start a discussion on.
So the joke had a truth, a meaning, an hidden agenda.

I'm becoming more and more aware of this.. and therefore I'm trying to not just joke randomly but "use" the jokes in a right way.
Although I'm getting more aware of this - I'm not sure that others are aware. Or sometimes it feels like they are not aware - and the smallest joke can leave traces of truth, hurt and pain after it's said.
But is it my role to ask people if there is a little truth behind each joke? If they meant something more then what they wanted to say?
Well, we all learn by getting constructive feedback from others, we spend time with, work with and so on.
But is this something that can be given in a form of feedback?
I'm just not sure.

- with love -

No comments: