Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Friday, November 27, 2009

The power of Poetry!

When I was younger I expressed myself, my feelings and my creativity through poetry.
I was good at it, I loved it and I made people smile with them.
What a great feeling.
But then it somehow got lost to me.
Time passed with no writing, no words on paper and no expressions.
And the wierdest thing was, I didn't miss it!

The other day I reconnected with my old writings. I read them over and it kindled a known feeling within me. I remembered the feeling of creating something nice, beautiful and funny. I remembered the feeling I had when I wrote my sad poems, what events had just happened in my life and how they have changed me. Helped me to become who I am today.
Poetry was my expression, my way of letting my thoughts run free.

But as i grew older it faded.. why I'm not sure.
As I read my poetry I realized I miss this expression, this creation.
In a way, this blog is trying to fill in a hole.

I had forgotten, but when I was living in Paris last year I wrote few poems.
When I was feeling sad, all alone and not being able to share... I sat down with my notebook and expressed myself on paper.
And it felt good.

My poetry is very personal, ment for myself.

A friend asked me this week - why dont you publish them. Let others enjoy them?
And the feeling I got was... scared.
I would be letting people in, learning private things about the way I feel and think. I am not ready for that kind of openness..Not at this stage of my life.
My poems are for myself, to keep my thoughts clear, to help me conceptualize my feelings.
I believe everyone should do the same - but find their own form/way to express them.

I hope, that now I will continue expressing myself. Both with my thoughts here and my feelings in a poetry form.
It might help me focused.

-with love-

1 comment:

Vera said...

Oh ég elska/ði ljóðin þín!

Þú ert svo hæfileikarík!

Knús í hús ;*