Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

be or not to be - my valentine!

I'm currently sitting at my friends place and spending some time with my computer.

Tomorrow is Valentines day, a day I do not celebrate and think is such a fake holiday. But of course it affects me as my society has adopted this day, make it relevant and supports people to believe it's the only day to show and express love.
How sad is that?
Or at least I believe so..

One year ago I was in Paris and I wrote a little text about this holiday as well then.

What I was writing then was that for me this day is not only about Love as in romantic love. It's about love between the people you cheerish, the ones you want to have a strong relationship with and those that you want to show you love.
But in order for this to happen you can not use only one day - you have to be concistant in showing your love, being in love and make sure your love doesnt dissapear. One day is not solving anything.
Of course I know the day was not meant to solve anything in that sence, but it was purely made to gain some money of those who believe that this is the occation where you can have a free pass in showing love.
That's why I say "how Sad is that?"

- How sad is that people need a special day to show love!
- How sad is that for someone to gain money in order for you to be able to show your love?
- How sad is that, that we as people, think this is fine behavior?

now I might sound as coldhearted bitch who doesn't believe in love.
Those who know me know that's not the case.
I'm a big fan of love.
But I also have clear ideas of what I believe to be love..and what for me is just a random act of greed, sadness or desperate behavior.
I prefer to be true to myself then to someone else's thoughts.

I love LOVE.
But I try to express it every day, with those who deserve my love.
I try to strengthen all relationships I do not want to see lost.
I step out and smile to those who mean the most to me, making sure they know they are in my life.
That for me is what valentines day should be about.
that kind of love.
And it should be every day!!

- with love-

No comments: