Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I value my family!

I am back home in Iceland, been back for almost a week now.
It's amazing how the environment can effect you, the people around and the atmosphere.
Although I have no schedule, no work to do, I still enjoy my days. They fly by fast.
I dont think I realized how badly I was feeling.

I wrote in my previous post here that I have been living my values this time I spent in Paris.
I made my values clear to myself and I should not compromise.
But I did.

So, being back home, I promised myself 'I will not compromise. I will live my values'
One of my values is my family.

On Sunday I heard an awful news. Grandparents of one of my family members were violated and robbed. It was horrible to hear about the burglary and the violence the people had to suffer but what struck me hardest was the fact that the person setting the whole burglary up is related to my family member. the person was another grandchild of the grandparents.
It's even harder when you realize it was your family, your blood, that cheated on you, hurt you, let you down.

This made me think of how fortunate I am for knowing my values and understand what it is I have to do in order to live my values and cherish my family and support them as I can.

I knew when I came home that situation in my beloved country was bad. There is no sign of a job for me, my family is struggling and I want to help. But I cant.
I feel so helpless, a feeling I'm not used to and I dont like.
My brain is working overtime to find ways to turn this struggle to opportunities, find ways to support my family.
- But how can you 'turn your frown upside down' when everything looks so dark, things are heavy and opportunities few?
- What can I do?
- Where do the opportunities lie?

My family means the world to me.
I will figure something out!
I will! :)

-with love-

No comments: