Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

wisdom within a new month

As April comes to and end I realize that my mind is at ease. My longing for writing are less as I dont feel just as locked in uncomfortable environment as I was.
I'm expressing myself more and often with my friends and family.

I heard a quote in one of these teenage Drama TV-shows I'm watching since I came home and I wanted to share with 'everyone' who reads this site.
"Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late"
- Benjamin Franklin

I find this quote very true and that makes me sad.
When we grow up we became 'old', the spark we had, fire, the passion goes away easier. Which it shouldn't.
As we grow 'older' we gain more experience and knowledge we should use to keep us 'young', willing to continue, keep being passionate.

The part of the quote feeling about becoming wise too late, I also think is true.
As we grow older and experience life, we are not really thinking about the learning we can take from it.
Not until it's too late.
We think we know it all - even though we really know deep inside we dont!
That's my opinion in this.

Yes, this is an interesting quote that made we think as a new month is just around the corner.
- How can I learn from April to make sure I'm wiser for it?
- what can I do in May to keep my 'youth'?

I'll see
It's time for reflection now :)

-with love-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A paradox appears, alas. To become wiser we should consider our past, present and future actions. Acting youthfully, on the other hand, is all about activity, energy and curiosity. So sitting down and reflecting is not a youthful activity. But maybe being youthful and reflecting need not be mutually exclusive?