Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sailing through life on a friendship!

Yesterday was the second day of Easter, my friends left and reality has taken over again.
Yesterday evening I was sitting on my bed playing cards when I started to hear a familiar music, marching band music, so I opened the window to hear better.

Then i realized. This is what Paris is all about. I was standing half out of the window in my pajamas listening to french brass band music in an amazing weather.
So I took some pillows and sat down in the window just to get that french feeling and enjoy the music better.
This felt so great!

As I wrote here yesterday these past few days I had friends over to experience Paris with me and it made me think about the topic of 'Friendship'.
Now I do not consider me having few friends, on the contrary I think I have quite many, but I believe I have just few 'best' friends.

As I reflect on this topic I find my self not having hard time making friends, getting people to open up but my question that comes from these reflections is;
"How does a friend become 'Best' friend?"

What I mean is, what has to happen/be said for my friends/acquaintances to go from one level of friendship to the next one?

I somewhere read that if you can count the number of real true friends on one hand you truly are wealthy.
Now I have to use both hands to count my real true friends, best friends, and I start to wonder how come I'm so lucky to have some many true friends in my life when others dont manage to get even one handful of them?

I once wrote here that you choose your friends wisely without knowing it. And then I wonder again..
"How do you 'choose' your friends?"

I'm so thankful for all my friends, best ones as well as others, and I look forward to continue building those amazing friendships.

p.s. this reminds me of a SMS I received few years back, forgive me if I dont remember 100% the wordings.
"There might be stormy seas and rocky shores but the friendship is the only ship built to survive them all"

-with love-

No comments: