Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Challenge your reflection - reflect on your challenge!

There are words that I keep on wondering about and what they actually mean?
Challenges is one of those words I have been thinking about for the past days.

- How do people define challenges?
- How do people behave in order for them to tackle challenges?
- How can we make sure to take some learning from each challenge?
- What is it that makes people strive to take on challenges rather then take the easy way out?
- Does the word challenge automatically mean stepping outside your comfort zone?

The reason I'm wondering about this word is that I keep feeling like there are constant challenges out there, waiting for me to tackle them, to take them head on but I'm not sure if I should!
What's in it for me?
What do I gain?

Recently I told a loved one that "sometimes life is hard, people come and go and not always the way we would like them to. Challenging times always bring some learning, you might not see it now but in the long run it's there. You just have to set your mind to find the learning."

Was I right telling this person this?
Is there always some learning?
and to repeat the previous question I made - how can we make sure to find the learning?

Reflection, someone would say.
Reflect on your experience and find the lessons, learning, the emotions and so on.
I completely agree.
I take my time, sit down and think things through.. what did this experience bring me that I can take from to be a better person.
But is the skill of reflection something that everyone has?
Can we take it for granted that everyone know how to "search" for the learning by reflecting?
If not, how does one gain this skill?

I'm just wondering!
- with love -

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's funny how in some contexts people avoid challenges and take the easy way out, while other places (e.g. AIESEC) challenges are considered exciting, interesting, important. I like contexts where people seek out challenges, but they should be careful about it. Challenges are not always good. Taking on a challenge that does not fit you as a person can lead to stress and a lot of unhappiness. We grow when we take on challenges, but in my opinion we need to take appropriate challenges.