Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Reality of Romance

Yesterdays skies was extremely beautiful, dark blue and clear but no stars though. This view, with the lights from buildings, cinema's and cafe's made my walk home very pleasant.

Its in these times, moments, when I feel how romantic the city can be. It felt like a movie scene.
I will miss Paris when I leave in just few days. Paris is becoming part of me - Or I becoming a part of Paris :)

Although I wait eagerly to fly home there is a tiny thought saying 'I wish things would have been different'. Not only because then I would have enjoyed my job but also because I would have spent longer time here, in the city of love and romance.

Paris, the city of Romance?
Yes for sure although I haven't been here with a loved one to try it out. So I will have to take people's word for it.
And sometimes men here do not behave very romantically with women.

- So what is it with this city that makes it so romantic?
- And is this romance only to be experienced if you are in love?

No, I dont think so. I'm not in love but yesterday night I felt the romance of the city.
I asked a question on facebook few weeks ago that goes something like this.
"is it possible to love a reality that we dont know?"
A friend of mine said "Yes, it's called romanticism". Thanks Gorjan because now I do believe that is true.
I think the answer to my question about Paris lies in this answer/question as well.

Paris is romantic because you never know what to expect, you love whatever comes your way because Paris, not matter what, will never let you down. With it's beautiful buildings, amazing parks, views like you have never seen before, people being open and warm.. How can it not be romantic?

Paris is a reality I know, I live here. I see it every day.
One might wonder that the romance would fade away , as it tends to do.
- how do I make sure to keep the romance alive?
My answer to that question is this;
Embrace what Paris has to offer, big and small. Smile and look around. Be open for the romance and see the beauty that is all around, the atmosphere is screaming 'romance'. you just have to listen.

Yes, I'm sure I'll miss Paris.
Even though I have had to experience the romance by myself I still feel it has been worth it.
Now, at least, I can not claim to be not romantic ;)

Who knows.. maybe I'll be back one day with my husband and share these romantic feelings the city has shown me, with the one I love :)
You never know!!

-with love-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Two points:
Romanticism deserves a more elaborate definition:
"...the Romantics asserted that reliance upon emotion and natural passions provided a valid and powerful means of knowing and a reliable guide to ethics and living. The Romantic movement typically asserts the unique nature of the individual, the privileged status of imagination and fancy, the value of spontaneity over "artifice" and "convention," the human need for emotional outlets, the rejection of civilized corruption, and a desire to return to natural primitivism and escape the spiritual destruction of urban life." Source: http://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/lit_terms_R.html

Your perception of Paris as a romantic place is (as almost everything else) a social construction, and if you see it that way now it might be because it is spring: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=51304

;P