Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

From zero to hero - in Poland!

As I sit at my desk at the office my mind is still processing the experience I had in Poland.
And to start of I wanted to share a song that reminds me only of AIESEC in Poland and the cool, random guys in the MC!



I was told to be prepared for a tough delegates that demand professional conference and where the first impression means everything, and AIESEC in Poland being one of the strongest AIESEC countries I automatically became a little nervous.
As I headed for the airport I was feeling excited and wondering if I would make this first impression I needed, both for Facis and delegates, and if I was ready for this journey I was about to embark on!

I want to share some of the points that made me smile and overall experience but details will only be given in person as it would take to long to write!

when I arrived at the airport I had interesting experience that made me smile.
I was flying with a low cost airline so the airport I went to was extremely small and there was no order in the check in line and the boarding line. So as orderly I am, I was stuck in middle of this crowed and I just followed the flow. that really put a smile on my face as this is something I'm completely not used to!

When the plane landed people started clapping and I started laughing. Why were they clapping? happy to be alive? happy to be home? supporting the pilot? I found this extremely interesting and again, my travel to Poland had put a smile on my face!

I took the train straight to this lovely little town called Czestochowa ( yes, try to pronounce it )where the conference I was chairing would be held. When the train came to the destination I hear 3 guys singing and doing push ups when they come out of the train. They were just finishing their army term and were celebrating. This was very cool to see and another fun event that made me smile. So far the trip to Poland was good.

As I met the Faci team for SMS ( Spring Management Seminar ) I didnt feel nervous any longer. This team was super cool, they were well prepared and they had fun. So I had fun as well.
Working with this team of 16 people was a pleasure, I bonded with many of them and they all made my smile, laugh and enjoy this great experience. I want to thank them as I dont think this challenge would have been as pleasurable as it was with out them!

I was pleasantly surprised with the openness and randomness of Polish people. They dont take them too seriously and for me, that was a perfect atmosphere as I dont like to take myself too seriously either.
They were so open to come and talk to me, ask me questions, ask for my ideas and share theirs. It was so amazing to talk to these super cool individuals about everything on their minds and share my experience.

I got great feedback from people, they liked my smiles, my randomness and openness and my spirit.
For me, that's priceless as it confirms to me that I'm a person that people respond well to and I am likable. I'm happy to hear that!

Meeting people from previous conferences, hearing how they are doing, what they are doing in life and reconnecting was also something that for me was great!

Global Village on saturday was an experience I do not regret having, although the next day I was not feeling so positive ;)
Seeing how proud people are of their LCs and their cities was really nice. And made me really want to explore more of Poland!

I had quite many goals for me personally, what I wanted to get out of this experience.
I managed to reach all but one!
For me thats very good.

I still think I need to process the experience more in order to really get everything out of it so I will do that.
This was in short, my experience in Poland, as a chair of their national conference!
- Super cool ( with an indian accent )

- with love -

1 comment:

Ela Banasiak said...

sorry supper (with Polish R;)