Life is full of questions - I dare to ask them and hope for answers.

Monday, March 23, 2009

I would do anything for love.........

....... or would I?

Yesterday, as I looked up at the sky on my way home from the movies there are no stars to be seen.
I walk with a smile on my face, it's been a good day.

The movie I just saw is Slumdog Millionaire - a movie that happens in India where luck, love and fight for survival were the main themes for me.
- You create your own luck?
- Love concurs all?
- You have to fight for the good things in life - easy life comes with a price?

these questions were on my mind when I walked home yesterday night.

Slumdog Millionaire is a heartbreaking movie about a young man who's life has never been easy after a tragic death of a family member. despite the hard life this young man never gives up hope for life and more important - Love!
A search for a better life means a search for the girl he's in love with.
Now, I dont wanna spoil anyone's ending of the movie so my thoughts of conclusion are following.
- Does Love make life worth living?
- Does love concur all in the end if we believe it strongly enough?
- Where is the line between love and obsession of a person?

Love is important to my as I have repeatedly written here.
I believe in love and I believe in hope.
But I struggle with few concepts that love is supposed to include, like "soul mate" and "love at first sight".
Why?

Here we have a story about a guy who knows he loves this girl that it was their destiny to be together - they were soulmates.
and then, if I compare this to another movie I saw earlier this month He's just not that into you, the search for love was fight, a game of hope and trust but never did the people so desperately looking for love mentioned soul mate. You had to fight to get to know the person in order to love one.

oh man.. as I keep thinking about soul mates, falling in love, and fighting for love.. there are so many questions I wanna ask, and so many thing I'm not sure how I would react to.
- Would I, if I fell in love and lost him, search the world to find him back - knowing we're meant to be together?
- Knowing how hard it is to find a person you can trust, am I willing to put myself out there and I'm a ready to fight for love?
- Is faith in love strong enough to make it happen?
- and what does it mean to fight for love? What am I supposed to do?

Both of these movies didnt give me any answers, only more questions I will think about. But then again, answers were not the reasons I went to see them in the first place.
I did, however, learn something from both, different as they are. :)

-with love-

No comments: